The plant has an authorized capacity of 263,750 tons / year of incoming waste and is located in Lonato del Garda (BS) near the A4 motorway in Desenzano del Garda.
The main treatments relate to waste from the following activities:
- CIVIL DEPURATION SYSTEMS;
- INDUSTRIAL DEPURATION PLANTS;
- ORGANIC MATERIAL WASTE FROM MUNICIPALITIES CENTERS.
The plant is authorized for an annual amount of incoming waste of 263,750 tons. In the new configuration there is a biogas plant with a power of 3 MW that will produce electricity for self-consumption and the surplus will be sold to the grid. Valli S.p.A. works as a landmark for public utility companies dealing with urban wastewater purification.
The activities carried out at the plant imply, at the outset, four types of materials:
1. Sludges destined for recovery in agriculture: biological sludge is defined as a result of lime sterilization treatment (R10) for farming purposes;
2. Recoverable waste: the fractions of waste are defined as, after the processing operations undergone, they may be subject to subsequent recovery; the operations carried out on these types of waste are constituted as preparatory steps aimed at making the subsequent steps more efficient;
3. Waste destined for installations for disposal operations in Annex B of Legislative Decree 152/06 falls mainly in this category of waste fractions of processing operations, ie those fractions which are not suitable for the next Recovery, that they must be destined for final disposal
4. Secondary/end-of-waste materials as fractions no longer subject to waste legislation, defined as products obtained from processing operations that must have product characteristics that conform to the technical regulations of the sector or in any case must be in the forms normally marketed.